Act as liaison between Skeeter Products and the designated Skeeter dealer network daily, with an emphasis on customer satisfaction. Maintain a high level of competence, integrity and confidentiality as a representative of Skeeter while continuing to develop ideas and actions to improve the overall professionalism of Skeeter and the marine industry.
Reports to: Director of Sales and Marketing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Constantly and accurately, communicate with dealers and Skeeter Territory Managers. This is a wholesale position.
- Manage, process, monitor and maintain boat orders in QAD, constantly and consistently, including credit approvals in Compass.
- Possess daily knowledge of production schedule and all current sales programs and promotions.
- Process daily miscellaneous sales administration paperwork.
- Maintain a transparent environment with an emphasis on communication with the dealer network, Territory Managers and other departments / divisions within Skeeter and Yamaha.
- Maintain and update Stock Boat List, the Boat Show Schedule and reporting.
- Prepare and distribute daily/weekly/monthly reports to Skeeter Management, Territory Managers and dealer network.
- Assist in developing and providing new and proactive information regarding wholesaling boats.
- Assist and work with Territory Managers on dealership repossessions / boat transfers within the respective territories.
- Attend and assist in preparation of the annual Dealer Meeting and annual Sales Meeting.
- Request and collect dealers’ boat delivery days/times and annual holiday closures, communicating that information to Transportation.
- Proactively work with Marketing on Corporate Boat Shows to ensure product is built correctly and delivered timely.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
Minimum Educational and Work Qualifications
- Associates or Bachelors’ degree in business or industry-related field preferred or equivalent work experience for minimum of 4 years.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Applications.
- Excellent organizational skills and highly detail oriented.
- Requires experience and knowledge of filing and recording systems, standard office routines and practices, excellent skills with personal computers and various data processing.
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to work well with others to support overall departmental direction.
- Time management skills to be able to produce assignments efficiently on or before deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player who is self-motivated and able to multi-task under pressure.
If you are interested in this opportunity and are a current Skeeter or Yamaha employee, please forward an updated resume to Marcy Read and Samantha Cherry in Human Resources. Also, please inform your current Manager or Supervisor that you are interested in applying for this position.
Skeeter Products Inc., a subsidiary of Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA, is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.