Will support the Great Lakes sales territory including Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Kentucky, and western Tennessee. This position will be accountable for the overall business direction and development of the assigned territory.
- Follow established procedures and guidelines to promote and sell the Skeeter products within an assigned territory.
- Manage territory by providing assistance to Skeeter dealers to achieve goals, review status of orders and shipments to dealers, management of current inventories, and review credit holds and dealer credit lines.
- Work to build relationships with all dealers by visiting new and existing customers frequently.
- Accurately forecast product needs for each account based off data collected from Skeeter Dealers, market trends, and quantifiable from past years’ sales.
- Responsible for achievement of targets and goals, becoming proficient in the use of the Mapper program, and developing specific business plans to help dealers increase market share.
- Maintain tracking information for all sales programs specific to territory and communicate market conditions to sales management through required reporting processes.
- Assist with the retail sales process, including dealer events and consumer trade shows, directly interacting with the retail consumer.
- Assist with troubleshooting customer relations issues and providing product support/feedback to the factory.
- Contribute to new product development process, including identifying market trends and providing input on specific boat models.
- Achieve corporate and territory goals and objectives while working within set budget parameters; approval is required on all expenses.
- Conduct Sales and Marketing training for dealers, including owner(s), sales personnel and other staff as necessary.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent certification is required.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of previous sales experience required. Experience managing a sales territory or sales team is a plus.
- Must be able to accommodate extensive travel to various accounts, industry events, and dealer functions. Must reside in the territory.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (i.e., Excel, Word and Outlook) and sales software.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward an updated resume to Marcy Read and Samantha Cherry in Human Resources. Also, please inform your current Manager or Supervisor that you are interested in applying for this position.
Skeeter Products Inc., a subsidiary of Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA, is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.