Develops and implements manufacturing processes, procedures, and techniques to improve overall efficiency, product quality, productivity, and profitability. Assist in new product start-ups on the production line, product changes and provides engineering support and technical assistance as needed throughout the company.
Manager/Supervisor: Engineering Manager
- Coordinates and facilitates new product start-ups including planning for new equipment and fixtures, and developing specifications.
- Creates, modifies, and reviews process control details relating to new products or product design changes.
- Works with product engineers to create standard work instructions.
- Provides input to keep bills of materials updated.
- Documents changes in product assembly.
- Investigates and resolves variances to standards.
- Researches, develops and implements new manufacturing methods and techniques in order to optimize manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Prepares and implements countermeasures against quality problems.
- Provides technical assistance, and training for new or revised processes and procedures.
- A Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Engineering or related field. Certain combinations of formal education and work experience could be adequate.
- Must possess strong mechanical aptitude, ability to use basic measuring tools, and hands-on capabilities to work on projects without supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with the ability to effectively prioritize.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.