The facilities engineer is responsible for the coordination and support Design, Financial, Technical Support, and Project Management relating to the building, grounds, process and support equipment for Skeeter.
Manager/Supervisor: Continuous Improvement Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Engineering technical support for the facility and equipment by researching and evaluating new and existing technologies to support lean manufacturing, optimize process efficiencies, and cost reductions.
- Determine optimum solutions (designs) to problems, opportunities, cost reductions, and improvements as assigned by management and/or personally identified on a daily basis.
- Maintain accurate as-built CAD layout of the facility and the production process, as well as designed new layouts to support changes in the process, production volume, and lean manufacturing.
- Project management: Maintain the balance of quality, performance, and expectation of a project, with financial justification and tracking, along with timing and implementation for a successful completion.
- Identify and write specifications (scope of work bid documents) to insure projects are bid competitively, fairly and that the completed project meets the original intent and needs of Skeeter
- Daily physical review of the facility and production process to track and monitor the progress of existing projects, as well as identify additional needs.
- Verbal and written communication and follow-up with vendors, contractors, Skeeter supervisors, and other internal support functions as required to implement projects as identified above.
- Compile documentation, reports and presentation to communicate the status and progress of projects and assignments on a regular basis.
- Preform other job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Educational and Work Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major in mechanical or electrical engineering
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in mechanical/electrical engineering at least two of which are equivalent to a leadership position.
- Mechanical aptitude, CAD and great office software training
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business correspondence, technical/product information, policies/ procedures and government regulations.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence, effectively present information, and respond to questions at all organizations levels as well as customers or supplier representatives.
- Certificate by the Association of Facility Engineers (CPE) desired