Conceptualizes and defines all aspects of form, function, aesthetics, and end user interface, while meeting defined criteria for product features, cost, manufacturability, and project schedules. Creates and maintains engineering and assembly drawings.
Manager/Supervisor: Design Manager
- Product Design and Development
- Creates 2d sketches and illustrations to propose concepts for new and existing designs.
- Stays current with product design trends.
- Color trend forecasting.
- Utilizes Solidworks to create solid models and 2D drawings necessary for manufacturing parts.
- Utilizes Solidworks and Rhino to create 3D models based on scan data through reverse engineering.
- Researches, develops and/or recommends materials for construction and manufacturing processes.
- Works directly with Project Managers and the R&D department on multiple projects.
- Designs upholstery patterns for interior boat parts and custom boat covers.
- Assists in prototype development and product testing.
- Prioritizes work duties and follows through on action items.
- Solid Modeling and Parametric modeling
- 3D surface modeling
- Detail drawings
- Design layouts
- Templates – Production and R&D
- All other duties as assigned
- 0-5 years’ experience in a product design or design engineering role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or related field.
- Proficient with 3D CAD software and surface modeling is a must.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment is a must.
- Must submit a portfolio link or file with your application.